For the 2019/2020 academic year we are looking for volunteers to assist our teachers
2 hours a week
East and South East London
We pay your travel costs and offer training & mentoring
You will support the teacher with:
- English language tutoring
- Basic admin (eg. photocopying)
- Promoting the class, encouraging people to attend
- Leading children’s activities
We are looking for people who are:
- Confident and friendly
- Understanding and empathic
- Interested in migrants’ rights, solidarity, and activism
- Having a DBS check is a bonus!
You do NOT need to be a native English speaker.
We are keen to hear from people who learned English as a second language
and people with personal or family experience of migration/asylum seeking.