We are looking for 1 or 2 people to take on the day-to-day running of the project as our current Project Coordinator is leaving. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a small and dedicated organisation working to change the face of language teaching in London!
Hours: We have budgeted for 10 hours of work per week (at £12/hour). This could be done by one person, but we would prefer to find two people to each do 5 hours per week as a job share. This work is offered on a self-employed basis and you will need to provide proof of self-employment (eg. a letter/email from HMRC).
Start Date is flexible but the new Coordinator(s) should be in post by Monday 04/03/19 at the latest. There will be a hand-over period of up to 2 weeks after this date in which the current Coordinator will be able to offer support.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Friday 22/02/2019. Please send your CV and tell us:
- why you’re interested in this job
- what you can bring to the role
- if you’re interested in 5 or 10 hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answering / forwarding emails
- Communicating with Trustees about organisational decision making
- Website & mailing list updates, some social media promotion
- Phone calls/121 meetings with teachers
- Organising our programme of weekly language classes
- Registering students for classes, overseeing payments & invoices
- Advertising for, interviewing and appointing teachers and volunteers
- Checking invoices and paying staff
- Organising termly staff meetings and training sessions
- Managing shared drive of teaching resources, policies, staff handbook etc
- Writing and promoting annual report
Budget and fundraising
- Keeping up-to-date records of income and expenditure
- Coordinating fundraising activities
- Working with Trustees to ensure continuous financial viability of project
- Researching and keeping track of potential funding opportunities
- Interest in horizontal organising and participatory education
- Ability to self-manage time: there will be periods with greater workload (e.g. beginning and end of terms) and periods with less. Being able to plan accordingly and be flexible
- Good communication skills
- IT skills: we use Gmail, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Acuity Scheduling, Stripe, DonateBox & online banking
- Experience in grassroots campaigning / charity groups desirable but not essential
People with personal and/or family experience of migration or asylum seeking are strongly encouraged to apply.